[kictanet] RESPONSES FROM ENGINEER KIDENDA ON THE STATE OF KENYAN ROADS

John Gitau jgitau at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:09:53 EAT 2012

I should have probably brought this one up earlier. I am an avid cyclist.
One of the biggest issues cyclists face is a lack of proper dedicated
cycling lanes.

City council guys once harrassed me for riding on what they called a
'pedestrian only' walk way. Is this the case or can I ride on this walkways
(with full respect for the other users of course) without fear of expensive
bike confiscation?

Obviously cycling on the road is a bit insane on some highways. Is there a
chance at least on the new roads this can be taken to consideration?

gitau

**Gitau