[kictanet] CheChe Live - ICTs driving Judicial Reforms

Sally Kimeu sallykimeu at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:05:53 EAT 2012

Edith

Great bringing up Cheche interview this morning I watched it as well and Shollei did very well. I particularly share her frustrations in that the Judicial reforms need to touch on all arms of Justice i.e. the courts, the police, the defense teams, the prisions and even to a great extent even the health care institutions where critical evidence is collected

Simply put the country needs to have intergrated systems to fully optimise the value of ICT's

I dare say a lot of Job and entrepreneurial  opportunities could viral out of these initiatives for example nairobi metropolitan installs CCTv for crime monitoring, same cameras used for traffic control and as evidence in courts, innovative Kenyans develop apps for traffic mgt which requires smart public transport etc etc the list of opprtunity is endless but it starts with an intergrated well thoought out action and implementation plan

Regards
Sally Kimeu
Cisco Systems
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone