[kictanet] A wake-up Call - Clay Muganda's Article

Esther Muchiri emuchiri at andestbites.com
Tue May 22 11:19:59 EAT 2012

Listers

Clay Muganda's article in today's Daily Nation has taken me back to a
discussion we had on this list regarding Vision 2030. What he brings sounds
like great opportunities for innovation. He says in part and I quote. "I
have looked high and low for any material in local dialects about Vision
2030. I have never found any, and until now I highly doubt even if there is
an official or recognisable phrase or word for it in Kiswahili, the national
language. Is it not ironic that at a time when we have made several advances
in communication technology and at a time when we have an initiative whose
bedrock is information and communication technology, we do not have enough
information about the same initiative, much worse in local languages?

Here is the full article:
http://www.nation.co.ke/Features/DN2/Be+in+the+know+to+lose+your+hopelessnes
s+/-/957860/1410390/-/2nl1nu/-/index.html

Comments?

Esther