[kictanet] Economic Survey 2012

Patrick Mwangi Karanja mutuota at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 00:53:16 EAT 2012

Dear Listers,

I just went through the highlights of the Economic Survey 2012 with a level of disappointment albeit expected. Once again, I see no profound indications or recognition that ICT is a key contributor to the economic growth. Which brings me to the point, is there any data on the the ICT sector?

In more than one occasion, I've been had to look for data e.g., how many companies, number of employees, revenues (local and exported), types of services, tax contribution etc. If these numbers are not reflected yet we have this as one of the key pillars in the Vision 2030 how can we measure progress or plan for interventions?

http://www.knbs.or.ke/Economic%20Surveys/Ministers%20Presentation%20ES%20FINAL.pdf

Regards,

Patrick M. Karanja