[kictanet] NHIF & HOSPITALS

Patrick Mwangi Karanja mutuota at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 00:30:44 EAT 2012

Dear Ali,

I appreciate the feedback and empathize with you.

It so happens my experience was different, having been in hospital a week ago at MP Shah. NHIF was very helpful, they simply asked for my card, looked up in their system and detected my contributions were being directed to the wrong account given my National I.D number and NHIF number. In less than an hour they had sorted my account and allowed discharge and payment.

The above notwithstanding, I agree with you records portability is a key issue and to add my one cent to your idea the project of digitizing the Registrar of Persons would be a key place to start and integrate into the national health system.

Regards,

Patrick M. Karanja