[kictanet] Media data

George Nyabuga gnyabuga at uonbi.ac.ke
Fri May 18 13:35:37 EAT 2012

Dear Listers,

I am looking for statistics on various issues relating mainly to the
availability of the Internet in Kenya. I am interested in finding out
whether there are statistics on broadband internet penetration rate in
Kenya (% of total population) between 2005 and 2010. I am also looking for
mobile phone penetration rate in Kenya (% of total population), 2005–2010.
What percentage of the figures is 3G? Any figures on ADSL broadband
(primary users), wireless broadband (primary users) for between 2005 and
2010.

Does anybody also have figures on circulation figures for Kenyan
newspapers for the years 2005–2010. Any figures on radio, TV, newspaper,
mobile phone use as a platform for news for the years 2005-2010 would be
appreciated.

I need the data for an academic research so any assistance would be hugely
appreciated.

George

--
Dr George Nyabuga
Associate Director
Email: gnyabuga at uonbi.ac.ke, gnyabuga at yahoo.co.uk
www.uonbi.ac.ke

and is believed to be clean.

 UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS ISO CERTIFIED

The University of Nairobi is committed to providing quality services to all
its clients. The University will monitor and review its quality performance
from time to time through an effective implementation of the Quality
Management System based on ISO 9001:2008 standard.

University of Nairobi Website: http://www.uonbi.ac.ke/