[kictanet] Kenya' Road Safety Status

Eric Aligula jairah at kippra.or.ke
Thu May 17 18:53:19 EAT 2012

PS,

I agree with most of what you were saying.

I think that the biggest challenge, and it will become more evident as county governments form and citizen's exercise their legal and constitutional privileges, is that there is lack of a robust framework for evaluating infrastructure alternatives and clear processes for evaluating infrastructure system designs.

That is the Thika Road Problem.

The road safety challenge will become more acute if the data to support the various policy choices is not reasonably accurate.  That is the thrust of our work.

Kind regards

Eric Aligula Magolo, PhD
Programmes Coordinator & Ag. Head, Infrastructure and Economic Services Division
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)
P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:       +254-20-2719933/4
Fax:                +254-20-2719951
E-mail:            jairah at kippra.or.ke

Proudly Kenyan, Kenyan by Nature!
"In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility..........I welcome it."
John F. Kennedy
"To allow other people's assessment of you to determine your own self-assessment is a very big mistake"
Columbia University President Lee Bollinger
"Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory, nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi"
"Per aspera ad astra!"