[kictanet] Revisiting Deadly Thika Road

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Fri May 11 21:39:00 EAT 2012

Listers,

Very sad indeed to hear the Minister of Roads (today on TV) defend Thika road unconvincingly!

When things are not done well, we must be honest enough to acknowledge where things went wrong and to come up with some proposals on what will be done to improve the works and address the high road carnage. Rather than resort to the usual defensive position - that does not help anyone Minister Bett. I would have expected you to have an open forum to discuss the concerns of Kenyans rather than be so dismissive!

Despite being assured that the issue had been brought to the attention of Eng Kidenda, there is no response to date! Grace, I wonder if you had any luck in reaching Eng Kidenda for an open debate.

Edith, Concerned Kenyan Citizen!