[kictanet] The role of Media in political developement

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:09:04 EAT 2012

Listers,

Having watched a couple of programmes focusing on current political
happenings i am left wondering on the role of the media, are some of
this media houses engaged in political activism or are they educating
the masses?. Why cant media houses be more innovative and focus on
debates such as what we had on this list  (Ndemo for president). This
populist debates centered around opinions are a recipe for chaos. One
just needs to look at what happened in Sabatia to know what can happen
when this opinion contests are not handled well. We need to evaluate
the possible impact of some of this opinion based discussions, they
may shore up profits for media houses but divide the country.

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277