[kictanet] KIE, Intel and Microsoft

Suraj Shah suraj at surajshah.co.ke
Wed May 2 16:06:58 EAT 2012

Hi Evans

The initiative is part of the global Schools Technology Innovation Centre
(STIC).  IT is seeking to promote and support innovative use of Information
and Communication Technology (ICT) in the education space.   In Kenya we
have called it Curriculum Innovation Centre (CIC), and will be housed at
KIE.

The  CIC¹s mission is to help teachers to use ICT effectively across all
subject areas, to improve the quality of education in Kenya.  By doing this,
we hope that the performance of learners will be improved and that they will
leave school with the 21st century skills they require to study further,
find meaningful employment and support the economic growth in their country.

We will work with various partners, all of whom contribute critical
components for effective ICT integration for the STIC programme, whether it
be hardware, software, teacher professional development, technical services,
digital content, connectivity and so on. Through this showcase, we will be
able to offer teachers, principals and education leaders an opportunity to
experience different technologies and education solutions, as well as
capacity building opportunities on integrating ICT into teaching and
learning. The CIC will also conduct pilots to test and evaluate innovative
education solutions and assess their relevance and scalability for the East
Africa, and specifically Kenya, context.

Please get in touch with me or Mr John Kimotho as Andrew Gakiria has
suggested, for more info.

Thanks

Suraj