[kictanet] #TurkanaOil-Kenya Discovers

james ratemo jratemo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:15:13 EAT 2012

With right leaders at the top and a  vigilant electorate the oil discovery
should not be a curse. How I wish we Kenyans use the power of the ballot to
weed out the corrupt 'nincompoops'. I am glad we have struck oil

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Evans Ikua <ikua.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not excited at all. I just came back from Nigeria where you have to
> queue for hours in a filling station, sometimes days. Filling up your car
> is a source of stress and you have to really plan for it. Maybe oil will
> make our incessant political infighting getting bloodier. Konza City
> excites me more than the discovery of oil. With Konza, we have to keep
> thinking of how to bake the national cake. With oil, we will just be
> fighting over the sharing of oil wealth. We will probably become lazy, and
> yes, probably more corrupt.
>
> Ikua
>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Francis Hook <francis.hook at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Read somewhere, in response to this same announcement "We still want
>> elections  in 2012" :-/
>>
>> That aside, can new found wealth mean faster attainment of Vision 2030?
>> Will we be like Ghana and start making strides or like (insert country with
>> natural resource related civil strife here)? Or can we take a stab at
>> Vision 2020 instead thanks to oil wealth?
>>

>> On 26 March 2012 14:09, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> #TurkanaOil <https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23TurkanaOil> is now
>>> trending worldwide on Twitter.
>>>
>>> Just wondering, @ Mugo Kibati,
>>>
>>> do re-write our V2030? Particularly sections relating to BPO/ITES...it
>>> might be that our answer to being a middle-income country by 2030 is
>>> through black gold and not ICTs?
>>>
>>> walu.

James Ratemo
Online Sub-editor/ICT reporter
Nation Media Group,
P.O Box 49010-00100,
Nairobi
Cell Phone: 0724960649 OR 0731960649
Email: jratemo at ke.nationmedia.com <Emaili-jratemo at standardmedia.co.ke> or
ratemoj at hotmail.com <jamrats2001 at yahoo.com>
Website:www.jratemo.wordpress.com <http://www.ictcradle.com/>.
Twitter accounts: http://twitter.com/kenyacurrent or
http://twitter.com/jamesratemo
Skype account:ratemoj
My facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/Rats.the.menace

Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? No one.