[kictanet] 4 CEOS in 5 years? Something doesn't seem right at KENIC

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:31:40 EAT 2012

Aren't all registries in the same business? Selling domain names at an
annually renewable fee?

I have said many times before, I don't think KENIC is in a such bad
position after-all. They have exclusive rights to sell a service at KES.
2000 (i would recommend a lower price) to 40m Kenyans and more than
1,000,000 entities be it a corporate, sme, schools and colleges, government
agency etc. I think their performance has lots of room for creativity in
business development for the local market, corporate governance, customer
protection from unethical registrars, best practice awareness in the
market, and other areas. I did not get a chance to be their last AGM but I
know others will agree that KENIC is better known out there than locally.
Thats how I see it.