[kictanet] Fw: PRESS RELEASE ON SURRENDER OF FREQUENCIES

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:57:46 EAT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM, francis.hook <francis.hook at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes the 700 band affords greater cost savings for operators.

and theoretically then for consumers...

here is another story on the same topic from todays BAA::

"Nigerian Regulator Seeking to Release Additional 2.5Ghz Spectrum

Nigeria's Communications Commission (NCC) has confirmed that it is
seeking to reclaim unused radio spectrum from the National
Broadcasting Commission (NBC) which could be resold to the mobile
network operators.

There have been several meetings already to secure the release of
addition 2.5Ghz spectrum, although local politics has proven to be a
barrier to progress.

NCC executive Dr. Bashir Gwandu said "Both the 2.5GHz and the 700MHz
are in the hands of NBC at present and we have to work to free the
bands for efficient use. I do not believe any of such bands are being
used efficiently as at today and the country cannot continue to wait."
'

--
Cheers,

McTim