[kictanet] ISP Mayhem

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 10:26:06 EAT 2012

Hi,

Safaricom is up and running with a few expected hiccups, why don't we just ask them how they have been able to keep their clients operational even with the cutting of all fibre cables.

Redundancy is a cost and needs to be met by someone, so Eric the question should be "how much redundancy are you willing to pay for?"

Why hasn't anyone asked where exactly is this point where all the cables from Nairobi to Mombasa converge?  The Teams & EASSy cables where cut by an anchor because they run parallel and next to each other, assuming they are not one and the same cable.

Regards

PS.  Just incase my intentions are misunderstood I would like to make it clear that this is not a paid post but even if it was would I really confirm it,  hmmmm.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200