[kictanet] A Vision of a Smarter Nairobi

Marie-Ann Kinyanjui MARIEKIN at ke.ibm.com
Thu Mar 8 10:21:41 EAT 2012

Listers,

Alert! Shameless plug follows... but I hope it will be of genuine
interest :-)

Yesterday IBM launched a white paper titled "A Vision of a Smarter City -
How Nairobi can lead the way to a prosperous and sustainable future" -
while it does not claim to hold all the answers for Nairobi, I think its a
nice starting point for more discussion on how technology can resolve some
of Nairobi issues.
I particularly liked one suggestion in the white paper - using mobile
signal density to track traffic flow.

You can download it here:
http://www-05.ibm.com/za/office/pdf/IBM_-_A_Vision_of_a_Smarter_City_-_Nairobi.pdf

Hope you find it useful.