[kictanet] [Skunkworks] IMEI Verification code

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:56:55 EAT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
<solo.mburu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Apologies for cross posting.
>

> I've just heard on Radio, Mr. Wangusi urging the public to check whether
> the mobile phone they are using is registered.
>
> One needs to check the IMEI number by dialling *#06# then send the IMEI
> number to 1555.
>
> Your service provider should give you the response appertaining to the
> status of your phone.
>
> I've checked mine, and it's registered.

@Solomon,

Before confusion sets in, I believe that process is for verifying whether
or not the IMEI of your phone is GENUINE. It's a different thing that a
REGISTERED SIM Card.

I personally think there are competent crooks who can change the IMEI of
any counterfeight phone, even by copying/pasting one from a genuine
handset:-)

I don't care much about this though. Mine gets blocked and I carry it plus
the purchase receipts back to the dealer for a replacement!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,