[kictanet] Yawe migrates to Digital TV

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:16:31 EAT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM, S.M. Muraya <murigi.muraya at gmail.com>wrote:

> Can someone please explain how to get (tune) these digital channels?
>
> Please start from the TV antenna, ariel, set box, etc on a
>
> I. Non Digital TV
> II. A Digital TV.

My TV is non-digital so I will tell you about my experiment with GoTV and
LG TV.
I bought the GoTV on offer and used the RCA cables to connect it to one of
the imputs on the TV. I used the indoor antenna which comes with the GoTV
STB so no external connections.
>From the TV, I chose input as AV1, which brought up the input (Digital
channels) from the Set Top Box (STB).
>From that point, I picked the STB's remote conrol device and started
shifting through the channels. I got what DTSV offers on the GoTV bouquet
plus I can get the KTN/CTZ/NTV/KBC etc.
One thing I have seen is that I can get Signet-* (where * = KTN, KBC, etc)
and as well I get the same but without the Signet prefix.

I don't know what the experience would be with the Digital TV, but I
suppose there is gonna be a mode selection in them, since the digital
decoder is already built-in, or maybe they'll directly just tune in to the
free-to-air channels. Are there Digital TVs already in this market? I
wouldn't buy them until when they are "mature" - I cannot be an early
adopter (aka guinea pig!) :-)
--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,