[kictanet] A simple security question

Moses Muya mouzmuyer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:34:46 EAT 2012

While I was getting into one of the malls yesterday, I jokingly told the
security personnel that I had a bomb in my bag(I didn't BTW). They told me
that if I had one, we(myself and security) were the only ones who would die
since they would do their best to restrict me, even if it meant losing
their lives for the sake of the many others! In short, their only 'skill
for restricting a terror attack' was getting killed!

On 27 June 2012 12:44, Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau <solo.mburu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apologies for cross-posting.
>

> This is a non-ICT related issue, but touches on people's security.
> Someone help me out.
> This is just a hypothesis:
>
> Let's say I'm carrying an IED in my back bag and attempt to enter a
> supermarket, the guard, with a metal detector, rolls the detector on
> me, asks me what I have in the back, and I say, Laptop. He lets me in.
>
> Do the security guards have training on handling bombs, or once a
> blast takes place, they run without looking back
>
> Solomon

Kind Regards,

Moses Muya.