[kictanet] Mobile Monday Southeast Asia Research Report 2012

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat Jun 23 11:36:49 EAT 2012

Perhaps of interest.

Adam

"Mobile Monday Southeast Asia Research Report 2012
Posted by Global on June 19, 2012 under Global

Southeast Asia has been a trade hub for thousands of years, and is a
digital crossroads for Internet and mobile innovation now as well,
according to our new research released today. The full report was
presented to the media at the Mobile Monday Developer Lounge during
the annual Communicasia conference and tradeshow. Titled “Crossroads
of Innovation,” the 52 page document [PDF] showcases a wealth of
detailed features including profiles of mobile markets and startups
from across the region.

Overview:

The focus of this report is on overall innovation ecosystems, which
include a range of stakeholders: industry, entrepreneurs, government,
academia and civil society. The report also addresses the crucial role
of innovator networks and incubators, who truly make SE Asia a
regional and global crossroads of innovation. These roles are played
by global+local networks of mobile startups and professionals, such as
MobileMonday."