[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Kenya IGF on line Discussions Day 2: Intermediary Liability

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sun Jun 17 18:28:05 EAT 2012

Back home, Its was just recently that KENIC in conjunction with
Safaricom arm twisted a registrar to pull down a domain registered by
a disgruntled customer. Safaricon.co.ke had content that was making
Safaricom very very uncomfortable. I would have wished to know how the
court would have handled this case. More on
http://bake.or.ke/blog_feed_item/12277

Before that, there was a fake Equity Bank website
Equitybanknig-plc.com that was a clone of the real website
equitybank.co.ke, and "experts" suspected it was a phishing website. I
would have wished to know how that was resolved
http://businessinfocus.blogspot.com/2009/09/equity-banks-membership-drive-attracts.html?m=1

--
Mwendwa Kivuva