[kictanet] On line debate Agenda for 2012 Kenya IGF commences tomorrow June 14, 2012

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Jun 15 12:01:13 EAT 2012

Ali Hussein, it's sad that kenyaairways.com is owned by a different entity,
but it  is easy for it's legal team to claim the domain through litigation.

For Kenya.com, I think the government can
actually spearhead its acquisition and bringing it back home. Why don't we
lobby the relevant body to ask the government to kickstart the operation.
Ministry of Information, Directorate of e-gov, e.t.c

Kenya.com can be a very good way for vision 2030 advertising Kenya as a
commercial hub. Kenya Tourism board can also use it for advertising our
great tourism attraction sites.

Anybody from government listening? What government will want to know is how
it will benefiting from the domain acquisition! The greatest answer would
be eyeballs. The content hosted there gets a lot of eyeballs worldwide,
which is "FREE" advertisement for the government.

Regards
10rdmwesh