[kictanet] On line debate Agenda for 2012 Kenya IGF commences tomorrow June 14, 2012

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Jun 13 16:33:31 EAT 2012

Alice

I agree. What is more interesting is that there are only 3 Geographic
names. Africa, dotAfrica and Durban. These are real concerns that will need
to be addressed. Even more interesting is that the rest are basically South
African through DSTV.

The implications of cost, national pride etc arise.

For example a quick search for Kenya.com brings up

 Registrant
                     Abstract Holdings International Ltd.
                   Alex Royf
                   The Business Centre
                   Upton, St. Michael (BB)
                   BB11103

  Administrative Contact

                   Abstract Holdings International Ltd.
                   Alex Royf
                   The Business Centre
                   Upton, St. Michael (BB)
                   BB11103
                   @abstractholdings.com
                   +1.(246)436 8600

  Technical Contact

                   Abstract Holdings International Ltd.
                   Alex Royf
                   The Business Centre
                   Upton, St. Michael (BB)
                   BB11103
                   @abstractholdings.com
                   +1.(246)436 8600

Regards

Ali Hussein

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Alice Munyua <alice at apc.org> wrote:

>  Dear Barrack and all,
>
> In view of the new gTLDs revealed by ICANN, may I suggest that we include
> new gTLDs on the list of issues for discussion?
>
> You will note that out of 1930 applications only 7 are from Africa.
> -What are the implications?
> -What strings are controversial/sensitive from a national perspective?
>

> Best
>
> Alice
>
> Many thanks GG, looking forwad to interesting discourse as has been in the
> previous list discussions.
>
> Best Regards
>
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  Good morning Listers
>>

>>  The Kenyan IGF debate will commence tomorrow and Barrack Otieno will be
>> taking the lead. All your suggestions have been taken on board and even if
>> they do not appear in the main themes, they will be dealt with in the
>> debate. This is the proposed agenda:
>>
>> *
>> *
>>
>> 1.       ITRs,  *Thursday June 14, 2012*
>>
>> *2.      *Intermediary liability,  *Friday June 15, 2012***
>>
>> 3.      Technology and violence against women, *Monday June 18, 2012*
>>
>> 4.      Open data/E-government, *Tuesday June 19, 2012**·*
>>
>> *5.      *Infrastructure *Wednesday*, *June 20, 2012***
>>
>> *6.      *Data Protection Bill as well as the Freedom of Information
>> Bill, *Thursday June 21, 2012***
>>
>> 7.      Winding up, *Friday June 22, 2012.*
>>
>> *
>> *
>>
>> As always we look forward to a very healthy debate.
>>

>>  Rgds
>>
>> GG

> Barrack O. Otieno
> +254721325277
> +254-20-2498789
> Skype: barrack.otieno
> http://www.otienobarrack.me.ke/

*Ali Hussein|Managing Partner*

*
*Telemedia Africa
Azania Technology Group

Chaka Court, Argwings Kodhek Road

P O Box  14556-00100

Office: +254 737 751409

Cell:     +254 773/713 601113

*Nairobi, Kenya*

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

"You generally hear that what a man doesn't know doesn't hurt him, but in
business what a man doesn't know does hurt.". - E. St. Elmo Lewis, member,
Advertising Hall of Fame