[kictanet] Kenya IGF (July 6, 2012)

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Jun 8 20:51:07 EAT 2012

I would like to see a topic like

E-government in Kenya: Is it working?

The directorate of e-government gave us a good video on its initiatives.
Are we able to ask the hard questions? Are they working or they are just PR
gimmicks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_96oyGMQ_hk
I Like the UK's e-government motto "Digital by default".
It shows real commitment to take government services to the people, not the
other way round. They say that their e-government is  "Revolution Not
Evolution".
http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/resource-library/directgov-2010-and-beyond-revolution-not-evolution

Our e-government has tried but there are murmurs all over on uneffective
e-government services. I can attest that if you send an email to these
advertised emails, they will bounce either address is full, or email does
not exist despite the websites advertising these emails as points of
contact.

If we cannot get simple stuff like emails right, do we expect to succeed in
complex ones?

info at gender.go.ke,
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <info at gender.go.ke>: Recipient address
rejected: gender.go.ke (state 13).

recruitment at gendercommission.org

 recruitment at gendercommission.org
 Mailbox quota exceeded

Regards
10rdmwesh

On 7 June 2012 23:20, Grace Githaiga <ggithaiga at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Listers
>
> Greetings.
>
> Further to my message this morning, I now can confirm that the Kenya IGF
> will take place on Friday July 6, 2012. KENIC will be supporting this
> event. Details of the venue will be communicated in due course.
>
> As is our tradition and in line with getting ready for the IGF, we propose
> to have the online debate here on the list for five days starting next week
> on Wednesday (June 13-20).
>
> The proposed topics for discussion are as follows:
>
>    - ITRs
>    - Intermediary liability
>    - Technology and violence against women
>    - Open data
>    - Infrastructure.
>    - CCK and Network Monitoring
>

> Are there other topics that you wish to suggest?
>
> Kindly get back to us by Monday close of business with your suggestions.
> Can listers also suggest a theme?
>
> We will need Tuesday to harmonize the suggested topics and prepare for the
> online discussion.
>
> Kind Regards
> Grace, Barrack and KENIC.

Mwendwa Kivuva