[kictanet] The Death of Landlines?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:47:06 EAT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Edith Adera <eadera at idrc.or.ke> wrote:

> Lister’s****
>
> ** **
>
> Does anyone know what’s going on at…is it Orange Telkom or Telkom Kenya?
> about landlines. When corporate lines go down it seems they are not being
> repaired, is this a sign of the “death of landlines”?****
>
> ** **
>
> Seriously need to understand what is going on?

Personally, I think that unless someone has something special to carry on
top of the copper, then it's that time in life they drop the "landline".
There is nothing special about them.
It's also pretty easy these days for an organization to "change their
contact phone numbers"  - by a simple change of "Our Contacts" on the
website, or a mailshot to their suppliers/clients.

Sorry I did not answer your question directly, but TKL/Orange has been
working on redoing their cabling in many areas. Perhaps this is what is
affecting you. I understand how difficult it is to do business with Orange
when it comes to fixing problems. Their Customer Care still sux, and the
bureaucracy is still very much embedded. I resorted to walking to the
Exchange and seeking out the technicians in order to have my problems with
landlines addressed. Maybe you should do just that!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,