[kictanet] Fwd: a question of the communications act

Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) nmutungu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 05:08:53 EAT 2012

oops, I see its hosted in California. but since there's a local
subsidiary, it is worth trying to get a court order.
this is just thinking, will have to check whether there is precedent for it.
best

2012/7/13, Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) <nmutungu at gmail.com>:
> interesting case.
> I am sure you can also get a court order to umask the owner of the
> site where the same is hosted. is it hosted locally?
>
> 2012/7/12, Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke>:
>> Collins
>>
>> No way around that unfortunately..If I were you I would pursue this in
>> court
>> because even though you may not know the author you know the
>> Intermediary.
>> Google may perfectly be within their rights in this particular case. I am
>> sure their legal department takes cases like this very seriously.
>>
>> Thing is Collins that someone somewhere must take a stand on some of
>> these
>> postings in the blogosphere. Creative license and freedom of speech is
>> well
>> enough and good but if it is abused then the person who feels wronged
>> also
>> has the same freedom to take corrective action within the confines of the
>> law.
>>
>> On a light note...Am I seeing a case study Collins vs Google & unnamed
>> Blogger? :)
>>
>> I say go for it bro!
>>
>> Ali Hussein
>>
>> +254 773/713 601113
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone®
>>
>> On Jul 12, 2012, at 8:39 PM, Collins Areba <arebacollins at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I do not know if it is a function of having this discussion here, or the
>>> time zones on their end but responses are coming in swift and fast.
>>> Since
>>> I may not be able to attend the said meeting, I will continue to
>>> serialize
>>> communication (generic info only) for purposes of reference and for
>>> future

--
Grace L.N. Mutung'u (Bomu)
Kenya