[kictanet] a question of the communications act

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Jul 12 16:57:39 EAT 2012

Collins

This is an interesting case where 'Intermediary Liability' comes to the
fore...Its not an open and shut case unfortunately...

The case between Viacom and YouTube comes to mind. Read it on this link:-
http://www.ip-watch.org/2012/04/05/court-issues-decision-on-internet-intermediary-liability-in-viacom-v-youtube/

Regards

Ali Hussein

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Collins Areba <arebacollins at gmail.com>wrote:

> This is a real life scenario, a client of mine's been bugging me for a
> solution.
>
> Disgruntled someone (unknown at this point) quits an organization, goes to
> blogger / other google hosted service and unleashes a Dossier entirely
> intended for maximum PR damage, hiding under the anonymity of the same,
> goes on to promote the same on twitter as "breaking news", There is no one
> to serve, Is there a way of dealing with this issue in regard to the same?
> sue google?
>
> --
> *“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of
> great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of
> corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of
> protecting corporate power against democracy”*

*Ali Hussein|Managing Partner*

*
*Telemedia Africa
Azania Technology Group

Chaka Court, Argwings Kodhek Road

P O Box  14556-00100

Office: +254 737 751409

Cell:     +254 773/713 601113

*Nairobi, Kenya*

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

"You generally hear that what a man doesn't know doesn't hurt him, but in
business what a man doesn't know does hurt.". - E. St. Elmo Lewis, member,
Advertising Hall of Fame