[kictanet] FW: Call for Proposals for the Early Learning Innovations Fund

Muthoni Masinde muthoni at uonbi.ac.ke
Wed Jul 11 19:15:52 EAT 2012

Call for Proposals for the Early Learning Innovations Fund

Deadline extended to August 15, 2012

TrustAfrica in partnership with the Hewlett Foundation, is inviting
applications for grants to design and implement early learning innovation
projects from organizations in Kenya, Uganda, Mali and Senegal. We are
seeking organizations with a credible track record in the area of designing
and implementing learning innovations, to submit applications for funding
partnerships. At this stage, our 'Early Learning Innovations Fund' is at the
pilot phase and we are looking at disbursing grants averaging US$55,000 for
projects that can be implemented over 24 months, starting from October 2012.

The primary goal of the project is to foster innovative learning approaches
and environments for early learners who are currently not well served by
existing education systems. Targeting children ages 5 - 11 years-old, the
project will specifically seek to:
1.     Significantly improve the literacy and numeracy competencies among
early learners through cutting-edge innovations that are successfully
piloted in different geographic locations and contexts;
2.     Identify the enabling factors and feasibility probability for taking
early-learning innovations to scale within the focus countries through
outreach;
3.     Strengthen the effectiveness of organizations that produce the
early-learning innovations, through technical assistance provision, and
peer-learning opportunities; and
4.     Promote dissemination of the innovation results among relevant policy
stakeholders.
Applications for the grants can be found in both English and French on the
TrustAfrica Website.

For more information, please visit our Website.

Akwasi Aidoo

     Executive Director, TrustAfrica

 e-mail: info at trustafrica.org

 phone: +221.33.869.46.86 <tel:%2B221.33.869.46.86>

 fax: +221.33.824.15.67 <tel:%2B221.33.824.15.67>

 web: MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "r20.rs6.net"
claiming to be http://www.trustafrica.org
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001TXi_Kkp-op-uR-6kcx5cNqENweG7pogG8z6uyhgJnSPy
HwYsf__ss-VWy4x3_H9T5-s-C8-kF5RNPa00jyYKWMGm08HggzuLU48U2T7pA76Nm4i-V-_t-g==

believed to be clean.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS ISO
CERTIFIED The University of Nairobi is committed to providing quality
services to all its clients. The University will monitor and review its
quality performance from time to time through an effective implementation of
the Quality Management System based on ISO 9001:2008 standard. University of
Nairobi Website: http://www.uonbi.ac.ke/

------ End of Forwarded Message

and is believed to be clean.