[kictanet] Airtel vs YU: Airtel to shut down YU

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:37:34 EAT 2012

An inconspicuous column inside The Star today talks about a spat between
Airtel and YU in which the former is threatening to shut down YU because of
a payment dispute.
1.3b (I think) is the figure in dispute - arising from "Site Sharing" where
Airtel has been sharing its sites with YU. How this plays out is gonna be
interesting, but hopefully it doesn't go the way I think - YU shutdown.

Which brings me to the Digitial TV scenario, and subsequently 4G/LTE. Will
such a scenario play out between KBC/Signet and the other 160+ providers -
such that a provider can easily be shut down for non-payment, leaving it's
subscribers without service?

I am not saying we are there yet, but I have a feeling.... lisemwalo liko!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,