[kictanet] Start-ups graduating from Nailab

Sam Gichuru gichuru at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:56:11 EAT 2012

Liko,

I have to say a specially thank you for always checkingup on the startup at
the Nailab and brainstorming sessions, Nailab needs more Likos.

Sam

On Tuesday, January 24, 2012, Agosta Liko <agostal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Boss.
>
> This is good progress ..
>
> Congrats
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Sam Gichuru <gichuru at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Its been 256 days since we did our soft launch at the Nailab,  in the
next 30 days we will graduate our first batch of start-ups (5) , this
companies come to the nailab with idea/s and today they are generating
revenue from their products, received seed funding and are creating job
opportunities, we could not have done this without your support.
>> This are 3 of the 7 companies incubated currently at the Nailab.
>>
>> Ghafla (http://www.ghafla.co.ke/news) - Formally Kenyan Lyrics is an
entertainment portal, Mr Majani is a very convincing founder and he had
promises to make that he has kept since he received incubation from nailab,
in the last 6 months he has struggled with branding, business model,
co-founder challenges but has come out fighting and today Ghafla has
employed 3 people in the last 5 months and secured a couple of millions in
seed funding.

>> My Order (http://wezatele.com/)- A simple concept turn into a
distribution system by Hilda and Kitonyi, Myorder was the funky sexy
product that we used at the Nailab to Order for beverages from Petes
Coffee, very simple and work liked magic, today MyOrder has Angel Funding
enabling the team to work full time on the product, My-order has secured
contracts and is in negotiations with 2 Major local companies and 2
Multinationals for an enterprise distribution platforms.

>> Vive Visuals (http://vivevisuals.com/) - When they first come in, they
wanted to start a 3D animation training studio, we convinced them they
could do what we today call "motion graphics" and might make a living out
of it, if you attended the launch you will remember the video recorded at
the nailab balcony was their first attempt - today they have contracts
worth over $35000, and they still do 3D animation training on Saturdays at
the nailab - see their videos here http://vimeo.com/user8730246/videos

>> As the first accelerator (Incubator) in Kenya, Nailab is also a start-up
and is very grateful to all the mentors and friends who provide advice,
guidance and moral support, thank you once again and looking forward to a
greater 2012.

http://www.facebook.com/sam.gichuru>
>> Co-founder/ Director /Nailab Incubation
>>
>> --------------------
>> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Samuel Gichuru <gichuru at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> If you are a startup or wanted to start one with a strong component in
ICT, then you need to visit the Nailab on Thursday this week, at 5:30 - The
Nailab is having its soft launch that is only a sneak preview. The NaiLab
program is designed to be a fertile soil for aspiring entrepreneurs we
intend to provide the physical and knowledge space where business minded
teams grow intelligent companies. You get a chance to create, co-create,
learn, experiment and grow and hence support your freedom to do what you
are destined to do.
>> NaiLab is the incubator , where ICT meets the rest of the economy and
society.
>> You are welcome, only limited tickets 80, so you need to grab one on
here - http://bit.ly/l6CONu - follow us on twitter @thenailab to get
updates, we will live-stream the event for those not available or if you
miss a ticket and provide a harshtag on the given day.
>> For more information Contact:
>> Sam Gichuru
>>
>> Warm Regards,
>> ------------------------
>> Samuel Gichuru
>> twitter: | @samgichuru <http://twitter.com/samgichuru>
>> Blog: |  www.samgichuru.com
>> Facebook: | Sam.gichuru <http://www.facebook.com/sam.gichuru>
>> Skype: Sam.gichuru
>> Cellphone: | 0722-730565
>> 020 2696530/0724 366993
>> Website: www.nailab.co.ke
>> <

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/agostal%40gmail.com

for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.

--
Warm Regards,
------------------------
Sam Gichuru