[kictanet] You Lazy (Intellectual) African Scum!

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:20:48 EAT 2012

A different perspective to poverty.....*
*
*
*
*You Lazy (Intellectual) African Scum! > *
*
*
Some excerpts .......*
*
*
*
They call the Third World the lazy man’s purview; the sluggishly slothful
and languorous prefecture. In this realm people are sleepy, dreamy, torpid,
lethargic, and therefore indigent—totally penniless, needy, destitute,
poverty-stricken, disfavored, and impoverished.*
*

“You my friend flying with me and all your kind are lazy,” he said. “When
you rest your head on the pillow you don’t dream big. You and other
so-called African intellectuals are damn lazy, each one of you. It is you,
and not those poor starving people, who is the reason Africa is in such a
deplorable state.”

“Oh yes it is and I will say it again, you are lazy. Poor and uneducated
Africans are the most hardworking people on earth. I saw them in the Lusaka
markets and on the street selling merchandise. I saw them in villages
toiling away. I saw women on Kafue Road crushing stones for sell and I
wept. I said to myself where are the Zambian intellectuals? Are the Zambian
engineers so imperceptive they cannot invent a simple stone crusher, or a
simple water filter to purify well water for those poor villagers? Are you
telling me that after thirty-seven years of independence your university
school of engineering has not produced a scientist or an engineer who can
make simple small machines for mass use? What is the school there for?”
*
*
..........*
*
*
*
“Wake up you all!” he exclaimed, attracting the attention of nearby
passengers. “You should be busy lifting ideas, formulae, recipes, and
diagrams from American manufacturing factories and sending them to your own
factories. All those research findings and dissertation papers you compile
should be your country’s treasure. Why do you think the Asians are a force
to reckon with? They stole our ideas and turned them into their own. Look
at Japan, China, India, just look at them.”*
*

*See the full story here : *
http://mindofmalaka.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/you-lazy-intellectual-african-scum/

--