[kictanet] Government Websites Hacked :- What next?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 07:40:05 EAT 2012

Dear Roy et al,

I am miffed at all the hullabaloo caused by the hacking of the 100
websites. Late last year CCK hosted a workshop at the Nairobi Safari club
which was widely publicised that brought together stakeholders to discuss
this issues in fact the immediate former Chair of ISACA Kenya Chapter made
a very elaborate presentation. In the first place the workshop was not a
news item despite the efforts made by the organisers to bring in Cyber
Security experts from George Mason University and the creme de la creme in
the local Cyber Security community. To me this is a non issue because we
are aware but somebody somewhere is aware of what needs to be done and
should be held accountable, if you don't lock the door to your house at
night and thieves come in , do you blame the police? We must shun
mediocrity.

Best Regards

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277