[kictanet] Google's Antics on Mocality

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:40:10 EAT 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Steve Muchai <smuchai at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM, James Mbugua <jgmbugua at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snipped>
>

>> To pre-empt the inevitable, Kenic should also come out with a definite
>> statement on this issue!
>>

> I'm wondering what KENIC would have to do with this, kindly explain.....

KENIC is a partner with safcom, google, Equity bank in kbo.co.ke.

I think that part of the effort involved upselling from
mctim.kbo.co.ke to mctim.co.ke for example.

Interestingly, http://www.kbo.co.ke/termsandconditions says, inter alia;

"10. Governing Law

These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the parties
submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation
to any dispute concerning these terms of service save that either
party may apply to any court for an injunction or other relief to
protect its Intellectual Property Rights."

--
Cheers,

McTim