[kictanet] Happy New Year - ref: Re: Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 3)

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Sun Jan 1 10:58:01 EAT 2012

Madakitari Ndemo/Walubengo

I said that we cannot generalize; each person's case is different.

As for critics, I love them for they act as a reflection on what we do; sometimes, things are much clearer from spectator benches than in the muddle of the playground. Critics have their place. And just because they cannot do, doesn't mean they forsake their right to speak. My view is that we should tackle  the issues they raise because not all talkers are doers; yet doers can learn a lot from talkers.

And no; the view of things is not simply via the lens of adopted country experiences; we are creatures of collective experience. It is the reason Prof Makau sees Akamba vote versus Kukuyu versus Luo versus ..., Kenyan thing. In fact in some cases you would think he never left Kenya. I wish he talked more of class, the gap between the haves and have nots and how to address those.

Also, there is nothing wrong to go for presidency for any Kenyan, in or outside the country. Actually a person from the Diaspora could really be the person Kenya needs in that they are much more removed from the mess, less entangled with political IOUs and could perhaps be more objectives than the corrupt political cartels that run the nation today. Yours truly could be in such a race for change; and true change for that matter.

Jesus took a long walk in the desert (40 days + 40 nights) and came home; and indeed changed the world!

Happy New Year

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype: okiambe
Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they happen!
Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous
This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.