[kictanet] Job opportunities in Kenya at ICF international

Warigia Bowman warigia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:43:38 EAT 2012

Hi friends, there are some really great job openings here with ICF in
Kenya. I have done some small projects with them, and they are a good
outfit.

Just in case you have good people to recommend or know anyone who can. ICF
is looking for a few good people in Kenya :-)

2.            HIS MONITORING AND EVALUATION PROGRAM ASSOCIATE, ICF
INTERNATIONAL, NAIROBI******
Job Number:  1200000431)****
About ICF International****
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work
to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a
better place, then you want to work at ICF International. ****
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the
environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS
patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and
educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or
breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics
that lead the news. ****
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients
achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class
analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots
innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and
our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and
intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to
perform work that parallels their passions.****
Job Description:****
The International Health and Development Division of ICF International
(formerly Macro International Inc.) seeks an HIS/Program Associate to join
our team. The Associate will support the strengthening of the Kenya
Ministry of Health’s health information system. He/She will assist in
strengthening data quality and integration of community-based reporting
systems into the national HMIS. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and
will co-locate with the relevant MOH Division.****
Specific responsibilities include: ****
             Work with Kenya MOH and all stakeholders to strengthen and
integrate community based reporting systems into one national health
information system ****
             Provide broad based support for implementation of activities
planned for the project, as determined by technical leads including but not
limited to meetings, workshops, data review processes and data quality
assessments****
             Support M&E processes for reporting of activities in line
with project PMP and other ICFI reporting needs****
             Participate in capacity building activities in group and
individual settings including but not limited to trainings, workshops and
skills transfer. ****
             Support PEPFAR partner reporting as needed****
             Contribute technical expertise to other projects and
activities as needed****
Qualifications****
Basic Qualifications:****
             Advanced University degree i.e. Masters in Public Health
(MPH), or Masters Degree in health information strategy and policy,
international health, demography, biostatistics  or monitoring and
evaluation****
             5 years professional experience working in health information
systems with a demonstrated experience and understanding of stakeholder
consultations, requirements analysis, indicator harmonization, data quality
improvements and information use****
             Demonstrated experience in capacity building methodologies,
collaboration with governments and non governmental entities****
             Demonstrated understanding of community level health service
delivery through the national community health strategy and non-government
entities, as it relates to service delivery by the formal health sector****
             Demonstrated skills in curriculum development and training
facilitation****
             Excellent English oral and written communication skills****
             Ability to work in  a team environment with people of diverse
backgrounds****
             Ability to work independently****
             Ability to travel locally****
ICF offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and fosters a
highly skilled, energized and empowered working environment****
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer -
M/F/D/V****
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career
Center at www.icfi.com/careers/******
** **
3.            REGIONAL MONITORING & EVALUATION ASSOCIATES, ICF INTERNATIONAL
********
** **
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Associate, ICF International (Western
Kenya) , ****
Requisition ID 1100001899, KE-900-Kakamega ****
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Associate, ICF International (Rift, Kenya)
****
Requisition ID 1100001898, KE-Rift Valley ****
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Associate, ICF International
(Northeastern, Kenya) ****
Requisition ID 1100001895, KE-500-Garissa ****
Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Associate, ICF International  (Eastern,
Kenya) ****
Requisition ID 1100001887, KE-Eastern ****
Job Description:****
The International Health and Development Division of ICF Macro (formerly
Macro International Inc.) seeks  Monitoring and Evaluation Associates in
various reagions to join our team. The Associate will work on the portfolio
of public health related M&E activities under USAID’s technical assistance
(TA) project for global health programs. The portfolio focuses primarily on
the monitoring and evaluation of programs directed at improving quality,
availability and use of essential health services. He/She will assist in
providing technical inputs to strengthening community health and referral
information systems in addition to supporting health programs in Kenya to
better identify their information needs and developing and testing tools to
support information use. Key function of this position will be capacity
building among information systems users at the national, county, district
and community levels of government and health facility personnel. ****
Qualifications****
Key Responsibilities:****
             Oversee the implementation of activities ****
             Work extensively with government counterparts to build
capacity and support health information strengthening activities ****
             Support the assessment, testing, and documentation of
specific interventions to improve the capture and use of health referral
data ****
             Assist project staff in planning for, implementing and
documenting field activities ****
             Monitor project activities ****
             Provide information on the status and progress of program
activities and disseminate information and public reporting results, per
client instructions, to interested parties ****
             Contribute technical expertise to other projects as needed****
Basic Qualifications: ****
             Post-graduate degree in epidemiology, demography, statistics,
infectious disease control ****
             3-5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of health
programs ****
             Experience in the development of M&E frameworks and
performance management plans ****
             Experience in production of customized dashboards for data
presentation and strategic information ****
             Experience in data analysis, report writing, dissemination,
use and knowledge management ****
             Ability to undertake capacity building and technology transfer
****
Preferred Skills/Experience:****
             Prior experience in health programs and M&E systems in Kenya *
***
             Experience working with GOK ****
             Proof of technical writing a plus****
Professional Skills:****
             Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication
skills ****
             Strong analytical and decision making abilities ****
             Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced
environment ****
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent
development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered
workforce.****

--
Dr. Warigia Bowman
Assistant Professor