[kictanet] R.I.P. John Michuki

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:57:23 EAT 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 09:53, waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com>wrote:

> He was the Minister in charge of ICT when the sector was undergoing great
> transformation and we were still implementing the Communications Act 2008.
> Affable and approachable I remember best him at WSIS I in Geneva when he
> invited all Kenyans present to "kanyaji" at his hotel and we chatted with
> him and listened to his anecdotes well beyond midnight!
> May his soul rest in peace.
>
> Waudo

In his characteristic arrogance, and disregard for the rule of law, he
dealt a major blow to Press Freedom in this country. To me, all the many
good things Michuki did (and I am not in any position to quantify them) are
cancelled out by the few grossly bad things he did. Of course Kenyans, like
most people, fear talking bad of the dead, but the truth remains out there.
He NEVER respected the rule of law in ways most leaders ignore when they
are in power." I remember Michuki as a remnant of the colonial relic this
country had to stand for decades.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,