[kictanet] Could growth of the Mobile phone industry in Africa be affecting uptake of ccTLDs?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:44:53 EAT 2012

Listers,

Just wondering aloud, whereas the mobile phone industry is a boon for
the African continent, could it be stiffling growth of the domain name
industry take an example we have over 10 million mobile phone
subscribers, i dont know how many are using online services, there has
been rapid growth over the last three years unfortunately the same
case does not apply for the domain name industry, with all this apps
being developed do we need domains and domain names? within the
current scheme of things how can we spur content developement?, i know
content can still be accessed using mobile devices but to what
extent?, i will appreciate your thoughts on this subject

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277