[kictanet] Digital migration and local manufacturing

Lucy Kimani lkimani at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 20:22:46 EAT 2012

Agreed, but I think the issue should be to revamp what we have not build more, incorporate Workforce development in Secondary, Polytechnics, Universities for example what is listed below in a Community College that has a department they call the "Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education but which is still a part of the community college equivalent to a Polytechnic.
3D Printing as espoused by PS Ndemo will be key in making the revamped programs a success.
Innovation is certainly key in realizing Kenya's Vision 2030!
Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education offers instructional programs in four (4) primary areas as listed above. Gudelsky Institute offers both credit and non-credit courses taught via classroom and lab training, on-site or off-site customized contract training, apprenticeship training, and long or short-term training.
Many of the courses offered at Gudelsky Institute are co-listed, which means that a number of credit programs are also offered through Montgomery College's Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE) program. Students pursuing a degree or a certificate should register for a credit class and students interested in enhancing their current skills or gaining some personal knowledge can register for either.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as an automotive technician, printing manager, computer technician, carpenter, or other technical trade, you should consider Gudelsky Institute for Technical Education at Montgomery College, Rockville, Maryland.
For more in-depth course information or to design a training program specific to your needs, click on the appropriate program below:-

http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Departments/giterv/

Sent from my iPad