[kictanet] Biometric Voter Registration

Baiju Shah baiju at tele2media.com
Sat Dec 22 23:37:25 EAT 2012

Hey Listers,

We have learnt that IEBC is going to single source the ballot papers due to lack of time. The contract is going to Smith & Ouzman - was in the newspapers in mid November. The risks are high on failure As S&O have only got 20% of the required capacity, in Nigeria they split the order between 3-4 companies to spread the risk. This is an extremely high risk decision, commercial elements aside, we could have a chaotic elections.

Is there any authority in Kenya that does proper risk analysis, it is clear the IEBC cannot plan. :(

Happy Christmas..

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Baiju Shah