[kictanet] Kenya rattles Africa WICT group with proposal on Internet, IXPs

Sammy Buruchara buruchara at me.com
Thu Dec 13 21:38:42 EAT 2012

Dr. Ndemo,

Congrats for doing the right thing in the face of opposition. Some of the
opposition do not understand where the Internet has come from since the
beginning when Telcos(read ITU) held us by the neck with exorbitant
charges  in Internet fees(64kbs half-circuit for US$8,500 pm) our their
networks yet they did little to provide the same. We forget so fast how
much it cost us to get to where we are today.

Sammy