[kictanet] TechWomen: Professional Mentorship and Exchange Program – 2013 Application Opens December 15th!

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:39:05 EAT 2012

Dear listers / Chers membres

Please see the mail below. Relevant for people in Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt,
Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian
Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen and
Zimbabwe.

Best / Cordialement,
Steffi

 *TechWomen: Professional Mentorship and Exchange Program – 2013
Application Opens December 15th!*

* *

Dear Steffi Meyer,

The TechWomen program will identify approximately 80 women who are emerging
leaders and entrepreneurs working in STEM (science, technology, engineering
and math) from the Middle East & Africa for a five-week program in the fall
of 2013, including mentorships and professional exchanges at leading
companies in Silicon Valley, California, concluding with workshops,
networking events and meetings in Washington, D.C.

For more information and eligibility requirements please visit:
http://www.techwomen.org/how-to-apply/. The application deadline is *February
10th, 2013*.

Applicants from the following countries are invited to apply: *Algeria,
Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the
Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen
*and* **Zimbabwe.*

*Please forward this announcement to your networks.* If you have any
questions or need additional information, please visit our website:
www.techwomen.org, including Frequently Asked Questions:
http://www.techwomen.org/faq/. Please feel free to reproduce and distribute
the attached flier at the following link: *
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20128838/TechWomen%20Program%20Flier%202013.pdf*<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20128838/TechWomen%20Program%20Flier%202013.pdf>.

*About TechWomen*

Harnessing the power of business, technology and innovation, TechWomen
brings emerging women leaders in technology sectors from the Middle East
and Africa together with their American counterparts for a professional
mentorship and exchange program at leading companies in the United States.

Launched by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2011, TechWomen
builds on her vision of “smart power diplomacy” embracing the full range of
diplomatic tools, including technology, to bring people together for
greater understanding and to empower women and girls worldwide.

TechWomen is an initiative of the *U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of
Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)* <http://exchanges.state.gov/>. The
Department of State is partnering with the *Institute of International
Education (IIE)* <http://www.iie.org/women> to implement this program.
Please contact us by email at techwomen at iie.org with any questions you may
have.**

*
“TechWomen introduced me to many role models for women working in the
technical field; I was so inspired when meeting with them. TechWomen also
gave me to opportunity to visit the US for the first time. It was so
different to visit the place, directly interacting with the people, rather
than hearing about the culture from a distance. Thank you TechWomen, I had
some of the happiest days ever in life because of you!” **– 2012
Participant from Egypt*

*TechWomen on the web*

TechWomen website: www.techwomen.org

TechWomen blog: http://techwomenblog.wordpress.com/