[kictanet] WCIT12 update - CS call to activists - the text

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:10:33 EAT 2012

FYI

The World Conference on International Telecommunications – 12 (December 3 - 14)

Call to Human Rights and Technology Activists by Civil Society participants

We,
 the physical and remote participants at The World Conference on
International Telecommunications WCIT12 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates,
wish to call the attention of all human rights and technology activists
that the recent outage of the ITU website has proved to be of
considerable disadvantage to the efforts on the review of the
International Telecommunications Regulations - ITRs.
The
 World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) is a
critical event that the Civil Society believes is key in shaping greater
 connectivity and growth in international telecommunications. The
satisfactory functioning of the ITU website, is central to the success
of the meeting as it serves as the document repository, primary webcast
channel and orientation platform for all participants.
We
 therefore call on all concerned activists to refrain from any possible
disruptions, hacks or attacks on the ITU website and its related
domains. Such effort will be counterproductive, and will hugely
disenfranchise remote participants.
The
 Civil Society participation in ITU deliberations is the result of a
long and a hard process that requires constructive efforts for
improvement.
We invite you to follow remotely on http://www.itu.int/en/wcit-12/Pages/default.aspxAnd #WCIT12 on Twitter

Dubai World Trade CenterDubai, United Arab EmiratesFriday, 7th of December 2012

==
Nnenna  Nwakanma |  Founder and CEO, NNENNA.ORG  |  Consultants
Information | Communications | Technology and Events | for Development
Cote d'Ivoire (+225)| Tel: 225 27144 | Fax  224 26471 |Mob. 07416820
Ghana: +233 249561345| Nigeria: +234 8101887065| http://www.nnenna.org
nnenna at nnenna.org| @nnenna | Skype - nnenna75 | nnennaorg.blogspot.com