[kictanet] Under what conditions should we shut down twitter, internet, radio, TV in Kenya?

Henry Maina henry at article19.org
Wed Dec 5 17:18:04 EAT 2012

Thanks Warigia. I am happy to get further on conditions that must subsist before any shut down if need be but I note we must first have license conditions with each service provider or TV/Radio operator. There cannot be wholesome shut downs in a democracy like what we had in early 2008. It was illegal and illegitimate. This is when you look at it from the understanding that any prohibition of incitement  must conform to a three-part test of legality, proportionality and necessity.

Regards

HENRY O. MAINA
DIRECTOR
ARTICLE 19 KENYA/EASTERN AFRICA