[kictanet] AUC Position on ITRs

alice koech a.koech at atu-uat.org
Wed Aug 29 09:19:43 EAT 2012

Thanks Chip.

From: kictanet
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+a.koech=atu-uat.org at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf
Of Chip Sharp (chsharp)
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:40 AM
To: a.koech at atu-uat.org
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions; kictanet
Subject: Re: [kictanet] AUC Position on ITRs

Info for participants can be found at:

http://www.itu.int/md/S12-WCIT12-ADM-0002/en

Info is also at:

http://www.itu.int/en/wcit-12/Documents/WCIT-background-brief-FAQ.pdf

In short, full participation is by Member State delegations.

The following can attend as observers:

Palestine ( <http://www.itu.int/council/Basic-Texts/ResDecRec-PP10-e.docx>
Res. 99 (Rev. Guadalajara, 2010),

the United Nations (
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV
269A),
regional telecommunications organizations (
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV
269B),
intergovernmental organizations operating satellite systems (
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV
269C),
specialized agencies of the United Nations and the International Atomic
Energy Agency (
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV
269D),
other regional or international organizations dealing with matters of
interest to the Conference (
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV
279),
Sector Members referred to in
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV 229
(recognized operating agencies, scientific or industrial organizations and
financial or development institutions),
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV 230
(other entities) and
<http://www.itu.int/net/about/basic-texts/convention/chapterii.aspx> CV 231
(regional and other international organizations)

There is a fee of CHF5500 for each organization that attends.  Multiple
people from that organization can attend.

Chip