[kictanet] Talks to resolve row at KENIC-ongoing Sammy B remarks

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Fri Aug 24 13:33:45 EAT 2012

Walu,

That position is not true. If you are paid Ksh20,000 on a 3year contract,
then after two months your contract is modified to Ksh5,000 on a three year
contract, you cannot accept that offer, unless you are paid all your
outstanding pay for the three years and your contract terminated. This is
what happened to Ringera when he lost his KACC job. The staff might
instigate new-unwanted lawsuits to our beloved KENIC. Are there any lawyers
who can give us a legal perspective?

Did the change manager say what were the crimes of the staff that were sent
home?

Regards

On 24 August 2012 12:18, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sammy B. the current Change MAnager at KENIC clarifies that contrary to
> media reports KENIC Staff were NOT fired.  There was restructuring at the
> organisation and existing staff offered new ToR/Terms with the option to
> either accept or reject (self-retrenchment with a handshake option).
>
> He adds that his role is extremely temporary and he will move out of KENIC
> as change-manager/CEO asap.
>
> walu.

Mwendwa Kivuva
For