[kictanet] Konza Land Issue

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 21:19:51 EAT 2012

Dr. Ndemo,
Sorry for being the bearer of the truth but unfortunately hang you shall hang as you neither own the judge nor the jury and the hang man takes no sides.
Online rhetoric and closed group support will not save you, what you needed from the beginning was support from a constituency with a platform, sad to see Siganga give leap service to your plight yet he runs the only bona fide mouth piece which should have taken out a full page advert in today's paper in support of your efforts if only your online supporters had paid their subscriptions.
I raised pertinent issues about the project right from its public inception and took the heat, even taking on the title "village madman".  This is one time that I wish not to be exonerated as you have worked selflessly on the project, unfortunately in a utopian manner.
Those who want the project dead have more power than those, like yourself, who want it to succeed.
I recently attended a presentation by the Ministry of Nairobi Metropolitan whose master plan includes a 5,000 acre technopolis to be situated along Kangundo Road.
It takes the Konza project concept and spreads it over 6 locations around Nairobi each covering 5,000 acres.  The land has been identified and the sellers have the right connections.
Find our why the Tatu Project remains in limbo then you will understand why Dr. Ndemo has only 2 options, drop the project and stay afloat or push on with it and go down with it.
Dr. Ndemo,  we cannot help you as we are merely hecklers sitting outside the stadium and following the goings on in the pitch through the radio commentator because we fear to take a public stand.
Your fall will be a very public one utilising the space you have so eloquently advocated and propagated, an independent media.  It is time that you put together a war council to go to battle with and for you, whose members are clearly not on this forum.
I wish you all the best in surviving this onslaught and hope that you had followed my finger that kept trying to point you towards the writing on the wall.
As the late Vice President Kijana Wamalwa once said "I found myself wallowing in the miasma of deceit . . ."
Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor