[kictanet] Kalonzo Opens the IGF

meshack emakunat memakunat at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 07:20:24 EAT 2011

Dear lister. I find the issue of protecting the children on the internet of great importance especially in an african setting considering the igf is being held right here in africa. If we want to have  ict for development in a set up that is opinionated on a more traditional foundation of moral ethics, then the issue of moral ethics has to be adressed in policy fomulation and advocacy. We heard from mr. Karim Toure from gambia that people dont take there children to school not because of any other reason but they just shun the western education.  regards.