[kictanet] The Bulletin

The Media Institute editor at eastafricapress.net
Tue Sep 27 10:20:08 EAT 2011

No. __, Month day, year

 The Raila ‘big’ story
We sat back to watch KTN Prime last Tuesday night. As usual, Michael Oyier was reading the news with the enthusiasm of a Nyahururu man floored by
‘Yokozuna’. Nobody at the entire “authoritative news channel” seems to have succeeded in discovering how to pump “the much
needed” vigor into Michael. Beside him sat his colleague Ann Kiguta, apparently struggling - as usual again - to keep her eyes open without much
success...Read More>>> ( index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=619:the-raila-big-story&catid=69&Itemid=138 )

Ojigbani’s second coming

“A man whose teachings and prayers are so divine that, after a session at his seminar, a woman will walk out and find that elusive perfect man in
a matter of days.” That was how Nation, tongue-in-cheek we believe, described the self-styled Nigerian marital messiah, Pastor Chris
Ojigbani...Read More>>> ( index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=619:the-raila-big-story&catid=69&Itemid=138 )

Debating media ethics

We were busy minding our own business last week - basically perusing the newspapers, trying to ignore Maina Kageni’s adoring female callers,
watching boisterous lawyers at The Hague attempting to impress Katwa Kigen’s ‘Madam brezidend’, etc - when we stumbled on a question
graduate media students at a local university were asked to research...Read More>>> (
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=619:the-raila-big-story&catid=69&Itemid=138 )

Let’s talk media

Finally, we would like to notify all our readers that a monthly media round table is held every last Tuesday at French Cultural Centre, Nairobi. The
event is jointly organized by Media Focus on Africa Foundation, The Media Institute, University of Nairobi School of Journalism and Kenya
Editor’s Guild. The next round table will be..Read More>>> (
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=619:the-raila-big-story&catid=69&Itemid=138 )

BULLETIN ARCHIVES

You are currently subscribed to The Bulletin.

Change your subscription (
http://www.eastafricapress.net/index.php?option=com_acajoom&Itemid=999&act=change&subscriber=313&cle=0ec114da9fa66e87ee918d1281eec0aa&listid=1 )
Unsubscribe (
http://www.eastafricapress.net/index.php?option=com_acajoom&Itemid=999&act=unsubscribe&subscriber=313&cle=0ec114da9fa66e87ee918d1281eec0aa&listid=1 )