[kictanet] e-Tribute to Maathai Wangare

lordmwesh lordmwesh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 18:45:48 EAT 2011

Walu, Many Kenya's have trended on twitter including #Rudisha when he won
the 800 meters event in the world championships,  Raila Odinga during the
promulgation of the new constitution, during the release of KCSE in 2010
with  #KCPE2010 trending, athlete Samuel Wanjiru after his death, and
yesterday 25th September Kenya’s Patrick Makau was trending and Conquered
the twitter Social Media After the Berlin Marathon Record

e.t.c

This are just the few worldwide trends I have observed. Probably others have
seen more trends.

On 26 September 2011 18:08, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just checked on Twitter.  Wangare Maathai is currently "trending".  Ave not
> been on twitter for too long but I have never seen any other Kenyan trend on
> twitter.
>
> This just shows how International this our heroine of ours was and yet @
> home she was barely heard of/listened to. How tragic that history repeats
> itself - in that Prophets are rarely acknowledged at home.
>
> walu.

Mwendwa Kivuva
For
Business Development
Transworld Computer Channels
Cel: 0722402248
twitter.com/lordmwesh
transworldAfrica.com | Fluent in computing
kenya.or.ke | The Kenya we know