[kictanet] Day 6: e-Discussion. What laws define the rules of evidence in Kenya?

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 01:26:37 EAT 2011

Thanks Barrack, Kerubo, Meshack and Dr. Ndemo making contributions to today's debate.

Barrack, you raise a critical issue namely that files can also disappear in the cloud. And as you suggest, there is need for change management.

Kerubo, thanks for providing the sections of the evidence act that guide admissibility of electronic records by courts, and most important reminding us that the definition provided of what a computer is affects the ipad and phones. Could you kindly respond to Meshak's concern of whether telephone numbers and mobile numbers constitute electronic signatures?

Meshack, you got me thinking on the issue of numerical representation of an individual.

Dr. Ndemo, you remind us that there are still many rivers to cross in regard to admissibility of electronic records. I wonder how many policy makers share in this idea of the public key infrastructure (PKI) since it is a welcome idea.

Listers please feel free to continue discussing these issues.

Rgds
Grace

If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!