[kictanet] Looking for information on e-health in Kenya

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:42:39 EAT 2011

Warigia,

Does the Kenyatta National Hospital fall in the category you are looking at?

Can you be more specific about what you mean  by ICT systems in place?

Some may be afraid of an IT audit.

A health facility with only one computer but no wi-fi or ethernet network
may not feel confident, capable or obliged to speak about their IT system.
This even though one computer storing health records and sending e-mails to
the Ministry of Health does qualify as an IT system. Yes? No?

Not to forget, politics (fear of victimization) could keep you from getting
a response.

Otherwise keep up the good work. Every issue we objectively talk about in a
democratic society improves when it is brought to the light..